8.16.2014

A quick update...

Hellllllllllooooo out there!

I'm still here (mostly in spirit) and I definitely haven't abandoned my blog! Things have been crazier than usual lately so I thought I'd pop in for a quick rundown on why I've been MIA and might be for just a bit longer...

I've been working! Ok, not going to a job working, but my mom's friend hired me to do some copy writing for her website and I've been working like crazy on it. That's the #1 reason why I haven't been posting here. If I'm on my blogging computer it's because I'm working on the website text. I've gotten a good chunk of it done but I still have a bit more to go so I won't be posting much in the next few weeks. It's been tough but I'm hoping I can pick up some more of these jobs because mama's Trans Am needs a new coat of paint!

R IS STARTING SCHOOL! Preschool to be exact, but school nonetheless. I put off enrolling her in preschool until this summer and by that time the preschool I had wanted her to go to had closed down. It actually ended up re-opening under another name but the prices went up and we just couldn't swing it. I tried getting in touch with the preschool at the elementary school our neighborhood is assigned to, but after 2 weeks of not hearing back I decided to call the preschool at N's old elementary school.

Not only did the preschool director actually pick up the phone (and was super duper nice) but the school is actually closer to us! I went and enrolled R that day and now she's set to start school next Tuesday. I am really nervous at how she'll behave because she has issues adjusting to new things and being separated from me/ N (initially), but I'm stoked at the prospect of 2 1/2 child free hours twice a week. I'm acting all tough but I'm probably going to miss her while she's gone. Maybe. ;)

I'm having major writers block right now regarding the last pieces of the work I'm doing so hopefully that will clear soon. Then I'll be back here and hopefully getting up all the posts I say I am going to do and then never do.

No comments:

Post a Comment