6.17.2014

Subscriptions: Orange Glad June 2014 Review




This was R's face when I told her a treat box had come!





The inside box was much smaller to my disappointment but I understand how carefully you have to package food.



All the food was double wrapped which I appreciated. They definitely put a lot of time into packing these boxes!


Lily's Bakery Hamantashen: These little cookies were filled with jam and as a big fan of jam in pastries, I loved these! They were probably my favorite treat in the entire box. R was on the fence.

Cheryl's Buttercream Summer Cookies: This was a little crumbly and stale but I still thought it was really good. R was a big fan and she was sad there was only one cookie (that we had to share.)

Rip Van Wafels Traditional Amsterdam Wafel: I love these waffle cookies- I've bought them at World Market before. I was really excited to see this in the box.

Fine Sconehenge Baking Co. Luscious Lemon Bar: I LOVE lemon bars and sadly this just didn't measure up. Not only did it not have any of the tang of a good lemon bar, it didn't have much taste at all. Not even R liked it very much which is saying something. I was really disappointed in this.

The Cravory Salated Caramel Cream Cookie: In theory this sounds amazing. I loved salted caramel and I love cookies but somehow the two combined in this cookie just didn't work for me. It was pretty plain tasting and the strongest flavor I could detect was brown sugar. I definitely wouldn't get these again.

I signed up for Orange Glad last month after seeing lots of bloggers review it, and I liked this month, but didn't love it. I hope I like subsequent months better because I love treat boxes!


 

R eating the lemon bar, hahaha!


1 comment:

  1. Damn, I just saw that my last comment didn't take on this post for some reason.

    Just wanted to say that I love R's braided piggies... so damn cute!

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete