1. What are you currently reading? Tell us about it!
2. Do you judge a book by its cover? What cover elements make you not want to pick up a book?
I usually go for classic books with good reputations, books by authors I already know, or books that I've seen recommended by a lot of people. Therefore covers don't really matter to me, but I absolutely appreciate good covers and am turned off by bad ones. I was actually thinking about the covers of the Matched series the other day and how I don't love them. I think the way they look would also turn off the series to young males, and I think that's a shame.
3. Do you participate in any other bookish link-ups? Tell us about them so we can join next time!
I don't, but I'd like to find some!
4. Have you ever watched a movie that was better than its book version? Explain yourself!
Off the top of my head I can't think of any, but I feel like there has been at least one I've seen in my life that has been better than the book. The Virgin Suicides came very close, but in the end I appreciate the book and the movie for different things. The movie is absolutely beautiful though.
5. Summer is here! Do you read more often during any particular season?
I used to read for fun more in the Summer because it meant I was off from school (and actually had the time to read for fun!) But now that I'm done with school I read equally all year round.
6. What is the worst book you’ve read this year? Why?
This is probably the worst book I've ever read in my entire life, and certainly the one that has made me the angriest. It completely blew apart my "meh" feelings on the Divergent series and turned them solidly into "this is garbage." This article explains my feelings better and in more depth than I ever could, but uggh. Just uggh.