7.04.2014

Happy 4th of July America!


The 4th of July has always been one of my favorite holidays because 1) Summer! and 2) I've always been a little bit of an American history/ politics nerd (my B.A. is in political science with a domestic/ American focus.)


One of my favorite books ever regarding our first presidency is called A Sacred Union of Citizens and is an analysis of George Washington's farewell address. It's not exactly a beach read but it's not heavy lifting by any means. If you're interested in what Washington hoped for the future of our country I highly suggest you give it a read.


Happy 4th of July to all my fellow Americans, and a happy day to all my readers from other countries! (Especially my near and dear Canada. God bless you every day for hockey.)

2 comments:

  1. Love the throw back pictures.. I still can't get over how similar R has always looked!

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it weird? When R was a baby I used to look at the baby pictures of my friends older kids and I'd think about how funny it was that they looked so similar as babies and little kids. I'd try to imagine what R would look like as a toddler and I just couldn't. Now it's crazy to see how she still looks the same, just older! I try to picture her as a teenager but I still can't, and I'm not sure I want to, hahaha!

      Delete