Stolen (with permission!) from Jen at Ramblings of a Suburban Mom!
Whoops this was supposed to auto-post on Tuesday and it looks like it didn't. Tuesday and Thursday are kind of the same days, right? Like it matters?
- I turned off the captcha to see if I'd still get spam comments and yup, I got a bunch. I apologize to you, actual readers, for having it on but this spam thing is a little out of control.
- The day after the 4th I was SO SORE from the slip 'n slide. N could barely walk! When did we get so old?!
- It looks like the preschool I wanted to send R to closed down. Their phone number and website don't work anymore. I am SO bummed out because the tuition there was only $250 a month. I want her to go to a Montessori school but the tuition at all the other local places is over $700 a month. Seriously! We could never afford that so I'm back to square one.
- It's bumming me out to have to keep Hank home and as inactive as possible. His favorite place in the world is our local 70 acre dog park and he's currently banned from all running and playing until further notice. I'm going to keep monitoring his progress until we get back from our Summer vacation at the end of July, and then it will be back to the vet to see more x-rays. I am hoping we will see healing, but if we don't (and especially if his shoulder joint has gotten worse) it'll be time for surgery. He's only one and shouldn't have to deal with this. :(
- The weather has been oppressively hot lately. How do all you guys who live with humidity do it? If we had even an ounce of humidity I'm pretty sure I'd fall over dead. We don't have air conditioning in our house (we do have two window a/c units but one is broken) and while we can keep things relatively cool during the day by keeping blinds/ windows/ doors shut, there's nothing we can do if it heats up. I always say I love the summer heat but this year it's just sapped all my motivation!
- We went to the Renaissance Festival on Sunday and it was SO MUCH FUN. Our friends Travis and Courtney and their girls came (they are the ones we had over for the 4th) and it was such a blast. We spent way more money on food than we should have, and I shouldn't have eaten any of the things that went into my mouth, but you only live once right?! The stomach pain was well worth it.
- N finally got my Commander fixed (one missing engine bolt and the entire car rattled when going over 50mph), and he took it to work early to change the oil! You'd think mechanics would be very on top of their own car maintenance but the truth is they're usually too busy/ too sick of working on cars to take care of their own. N is actually pretty good to our cars (especially mine) but it's hard to find time to work on them.
- I finally bit the bullet and ordered an Erin Condren planner (referral link- you should get a $10 off coupon e-mail if you sign up via that link!) and I'm so excited for it to get here. It's supposed to ship this Friday and I wish it would ship sooner! N thinks I'm ridiculous for wanting a paper planner, and yes I mostly bought it because of peer pressure, but I am pretty sure I needed this. ;)
- N cleaned out the garage today and things got more than a little redneck. The best part is that there's another crappy car sitting behind the house that you can't see.