Stolen (with permission!) from Jen at Ramblings of a Suburban Mom!
Hello out there! I've been neglecting my blog lately but thankfully it's because I've been feeling better, not worse. I've been trying to get out and about more for R's sake and we've been having a good time. I hope to get more real posts up here this week!
- Today has been a TERRIBLE day for me as an Avs fan. Not only did we let my favorite player walk away to one one of our biggest rivals, we signed/ traded for a bunch of guys that I don't like. We did make a "big name" signing, but he's 1) old and 2) not that good so I'm really not that excited about it. That and I've never liked the guy. I have been wallowing in self pity all day and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
- Last week I was vacuuming our family room couch when I noticed a hole underneath one of our cushions. Somehow a mouse had chewed through the entire couch! I freaked out and made N take the couch outside immediately. I'm not sure I've ever been so grossed out in my life!
- We ended up buying a new couch which is a non-trouble, but on our way to pick up said new couch N left his phone on the trailer we borrowed from my MIL's husband and it fell onto the street and probably got run over a few times. N is due for an upgrade on the 12th, so until then he's using one of my mom's old phones. It's pretty terrible which is actually sort of amazing in that you can really see how far technology has come in just a few short years.
- Hank isn't doing much better. As soon as he starts running around even a little bit he starts limping so I don't think he's healing much. I really suspect that he has the joint disease as opposed to an injury and I'm really upset. I'm going to give him another month and then take him back for another x-ray. Another x-ray and the opinion of an actual veterinary radiologist is going to be $400 and he'll likely need surgery after that and I just can't even think about it right now. I have too many of R's medical bills to pay off.
- We had an AMAZING weekend! On Friday R and I went to my parents house to bake goodies for my friend's graduation party because my parents have a gourmet kitchen. The cookies I tried to bake were a major failure, but I also made salted caramel rice crispies and they were so good! Even N liked them which was really surprising because he's super picky and hates everything.
- The party ended up being a complete blast. My best friend just graduated with her masters in education, and one of her friends did the same so they had a joint party. I don't get to see my best friend nearly as often as I'd like so it was great to catch up. And R was the life of the party. She's always very shy at first but when she warms up she is the most outgoing child ever. She was everyone's best friend and it was cracking me up. I didn't think she was going to want to stay long but she never wanted to leave! (She literally told me she was going to live in the park forever.)
- Yesterday we went to the children's museum in Denver with our good friends who just moved home after being in the Air Force. After the museum we got lunch and then came back here to hang out and we had so much fun. If N and I are anti-social on our own, we are REALLY anti-social when it comes to hanging out with other couples/ kids so this was great for all of us. We're all going to get together at my parents house for the 4th and we're also going to the Renaissance Festival on Sunday. We're trying to get in as much fun as possible before our friend starts the police academy!
- Our new couch is the best thing that's ever happened to us (ok, not literally but it's close.) I can't believe it took us this long to get a couch that's actually good quality and comfortable. We're really moving up in the world!