Stolen (with permission!) from Jen at Ramblings of a Suburban Mom!
- So I have to start with very exciting news (well, for a parent anyway) that is the opposite of a trouble: Since we're going to be setting up R's "big girl room" in a few weeks, N decided yesterday that it was time to take the side off her crib to see how she'd fare. Well not only did she put herself to bed last night- and slept through the night after falling out of the bed onto the floor- but she also woke up dry! This was especially great because having fallen asleep on her own, we had forgotten to put a Pull Up on her. I can't believe how much she's growing up!
- Ok on to the troubles: This morning while R and I were snuggling in bed someone started knocking at our door. I figured it was solicitors so I ignored it. We get a LOT of obnoxious sales people in our neighborhood. It went on for awhile though, so I finally put clothes on and went downstairs, but by that time the person was gone. I decided to look out in our backyard, and what did I see? Well, what did I NOT see- Hank! I grabbed R and we went outside and called for him, and that big, dumb dog came loping down the street like he was supposed to be running around outside.
I put him inside and after a few minutes the neighbor from up the street (the person who had been knocking) and I thanked him for trying, even unsuccessfully, to rouse us. How embarrassing! This is the second time Hank has decided to take a tour of the neighborhood on trash day, he must like the sound of the trucks! The last time he did it was many months ago and we barricaded our back gate, but last week I used to gate to get into the yard and accidentally left the door ajar. He's definitely not a particularly naughty dog, and he's not an escape artist if we're around, but he's so big and conspicuous that if he decides to go out for a stroll the entire neighborhood sees him! Oh Hank!
- I got a few cavities filled yesterday (the joys of acid reflux!) and my jaw hurt SO bad yesterday when the numbing shots wore off that I decided to sleep the rest of the day. (I woke up for the blood moon though!) It still really hurts today and I'm not allowed to take any pain relief medication until my surgery.
- And speaking of my surgery, it's in six days! I can't believe it's less than a week away and I'm starting to get really, really nervous. Expect a post on that sooner or later.
- The NHL playoffs start tomorrow, and the first Avs game is on Thursday. The ended up getting home ice, which means I *could* go to a game before my surgery, but N and I decided that we just shouldn't spend that kind of money right now. I'm going to be a ball of nerves all week and I know I won't be able to fully enjoy the experience anyway. I've been saying that if we make it to the second round I'll find a way for someone to wheelchair me to a game if need be, haha.
- What happened to mailboxes that you could put outgoing packages into? You know, like the blue ones in front of the post office or grocery store? Would it really be so hard to put one of those in a neighborhood? The outgoing mailbox in my neighborhood (and my group of mailboxes doesn't even have one!) is so skinny you can't even put a stack of letters through it. I just want to be able to mail out my padded envelopes without driving all the way to the post office, uggh!
- I guess it's time to put on clothes and drive to the post office. Putting on pants is always a trouble. ;)