Today I'm linking up with Life After I "Dew"* and saying so what if...
*I know Shannon hasn't posted this linkup in awhile (my heart goes out to her as the mother of a baby that cried 24/7) but I wanted to do it anyway.
- R's comforter came today and I HATE IT. Serious sad face. I didn't realize there were only ruffles at the bottom of it, not all over it. There's also a random stain on the bedspread and on the pillowcase it came with. Nothing I can't bleach out but still, uggh. Why can't I just be rich and afford the things I really want?! ;)
- R's recital is officially sold out and only N and I have tickets. None of the grandparents got them in time and everyone is bummed. The dance teacher is trying to see what she can do to maybe do two performances (one in the morning and one at night- I'd try to get R in both), and I feel for her frustration. It's hard to please everyone!
- I am dreading having to paint R's room. It a pretty dark color of green so lord only knows how many coats of primer we're going to need. And my rainbow chevron idea? Well, N might kill me, and I might kill myself, but I am determined to get it done.
- The bathroom is leaking somewhere and it's getting bad. Since we're not doing the kitchen right now (so many sad faces) we really need to focus on fixing the bathroom before some serious damage occurs. If it hasn't already. But all N does when he's not working is work on projects around here and I know it sucks for him.
- Because speaking of crappy projects that never want to get done, he finally put the new transmission in the red Commander and last night it wouldn't work right. If the company he bought it from sold him a faulty tranny I am going to be beyond pissed. Yeah they might replace it just fine but the labor he put into that is not replaceable. Neither of us want him to have to do it again. -_-
- My phone upgrade is this week! The screen on my Razr Maxx is so broken you can see the motherboard showing through, but I really don't want to spend money on a new phone right now. I've also been planing on switiching from Motorola to Samsung and I'm kind of getting cold feet about it. N and my mom both have Galaxies (s3 and s4 respectively) and they love them, but uggh uggh uggh FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS!
- I've really over-done my activity level the past few days and last night I was in more pain than I was in right after my surgery. After hours of excruciating pain (and crying to N, telling him I was going to rip my pacer out right then and there in bed) I broke down and took one of the Dilaudid pills I was given. Big mistake. The pain subsided but I was so nauseous, dizzy (even though I was laying down!), and sweaty that I kept waking up about every 20 minutes feeling like I was going to die. Do they purposely make opiates make you feel like crap so you don't get addicted to them? Yuck.
- I am estatic today is the last day of April. It has been a terrible month!