1.01.2014

My New Years Resolutions


Since it seems like every other blogger on my Bloglovin feed has been talking about resolutions, I decided I should probably jump on board. I'm not really one for resolutions because life happens and I hate to disappoint myself, but I also believe that I need to be held accountable for my goals. Here are some of what I hope to do in 2014...

Source

1. Speak exclusively in a Southern accent. This is my calling y'all. I may be a fourth generation native of Colorado, but my voicebox belongs in the South. I announced my intentions to N tonight- in a glorious accent of course- and he told me I sounded authentic! That is a real compliment coming from him. This is my destiny! Y'all!

Source

2. Watch even more My Little Pony. I let R watch multiple episodes of MLP (Friendship is Magic) every day on Youtube. But honestly, I just don't think we have enough MLP in our lives. I was looking at the MLPFIM wiki last night (of course one exists) and there are SO many episodes we haven't even seen yet! I don't know what we've been doing with our lives up until this point but we really need to get it together.

OH MY GOD IT'S ONLY $17.48 ON CLEARANCE RIGHT NOW!!!

3. Spend even more money on crap we don't need. I'm pretty good at spending money on all kinds of crap that we don't really need, but I think in 2014 I could be even better at this. I like to take loads of things to Good Will all time time- and then go into the store and walk out with even more stuff than I've donated! And Target?! Challenge accepted! Do we need a white, ceramic deer head? Well no, but that's all the more reason to buy it! Yes I could live without it but I don't WANT to.

There's even a pony in there!! This is a SIGN!

4. Stop eating at home completely. We already aren't the best at eating at home (N is super picky and cooking for him is all but impossible, and he's often too busy to cook himself) so I figure, why not just go balls to the wall and stop? We could eat McDonalds for every meal! Doesn't that sound delicious?! Of course, we could switch it up and eat Taco Bell every once in awhile, but I think 3 square meals a day at McDonalds really sounds like the way to go. You know, something about this is sort of ringing a bell for me? Was there a movie about this? And the guy practically died? No, I think I might have just dreamed that.


5. Stop wearing yoga leggings all winter and yoga capris all summer. HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (never.)

I hope all y'all had a wonderful New Years! We're cycling through the flu right now so it hasn't been the best start to the year, but we've got another 354 days to see how things pan out. ;)

6 comments:

  1. Bahaha these are clearly the best resolutions ever!

    Jamie @
    The Growing Up Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah these are hilarious. Totally with you on #3!! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yeah as much as I like to pretend I'm being sarcastic about that I'm probably not...

      Delete
  3. Hahaha! Best goals ever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ;) My accent is comin' along purdy well now ya hear?

      Delete