1.01.2014

Conquering the Classics: Journey to the Center of the Earth


Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne


Source

I've never been one for adventure/ science fiction books, and despite the critical acclaim for the books of Jules Verne (and H.G. Wells for that matter) I've never read any of these stories. I decided to ignore my preconceptions of these books a few nights ago- and it turned out that they were instead misconceptions! I really enjoyed this story, and I thought the translation was very well done. This adventure kept me on the edge of my seat (well, bed) for three nights until I finished it, and I was left longing for more. Luckily Verne has many more titles that I have yet to read, and though I plan to proceed through my list alphabetically, I'll be looking forward to his other works.

My rating:
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed with how quickly that you're knocking these out :)

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I've been working on one for over a week now because I've been so sick, but I reaaaaally need to make some decent progress in it!

      Delete