2.21.2014

F#!% It Friday

I have a couple other posts I need to get done but I am still steaming right now and I need to let this out. Today I woke up all excited to watch the U.S. vs. Canada men's hockey game and all I have to say is:

 

 



Anyway it's been a pretty emotional week.

The other day our good friend's oldest daughter was really hurt in a freak accident (she was turning away from a dog, tripped over her own feet, and fell hard on asphalt.) She split her forehead open and was helicoptered from their local ER in New Mexcio to a hospital in Lubbock, TX that had a children's trauma unit. They had suspected she had a skull fracture but thankfully her sweet little skull and brain were alright, it was just a giant gash. The pictures my friends posted were terrifying; it was like something straight out of a horror movie. Their little girl needed a couple layers of stitches, but she's back home and doing well now. R and I bought her a bunch of goodies that we're going to send out tomorrow. I'm just sick for her and her whole family that they had to go through that!

Another friend of ours had a very serious spinal surgery yesterday. He is in his early 30s and was diagnosed with esophagus cancer a few months ago. The cancer has spread to his brain and lymph nodes and there were painful growths on his spine that they removed the other day- that they had to wait to do while our friend recovered from pneumonia and a lung infection. Our friend was given a terminal diagnosis and it's all so fucking sad it hurts me to think about. Our friend is a really, really great guy who was  Marine during the early days of the Iraq War and is a purple heart recipient. He has a beautiful wife and three little girls- the youngest is younger than R. If anybody is interested in making a donation towards their family they have a You Care funding site open here.

Anyway I am over today and this week and maybe next week too. ;)

6 comments:

  1. Is it so sad that I just got really happy to see a Lizzie McGuire gif? Also, so glad your friends little girl is alright! And as for your other friend, that's so rough. Esophageal Cancer is what my grandpa passed away from last year. It spreads so quickly and is just awful! Prayers to him and his family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Lizzie McGuire was the shit! It came on TV right as I was going into middle school so I loved that show so much! And I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. It's been really rough for my friend with cancer.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry it was a crappy day. That was me earlier this week. Everything just totally sucked. Hope your weekend is going better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl it was alright! I hope your weekend went well too! :)

      Delete
  3. Uhg what a traumatic week! Thank God for weekend, right? Now can it be weekend again? Pleeeease? lol

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um yes I totally agree! N is off Sundays and Mondays so today is the last day of our weekend and I'm not ready for it to be over!

      Delete