2.01.2014

Sunday Social

http://acompletewasteofmakeup.com/
 
1. 4 Favorite bands you loved in high school?

This is a tough one because I was really into music in high school. I wasn't exactly "emo" or a "scene kid" (though I did called called emo a lot) but my friends are I were early hipsters. That's definitely the label that fit us best.



Taking Back Sunday (top) and Brand New (bottom) are still my two favorite bands of all time. I will never, ever get sick of the first two TBS albums, Tell All You Friends and Where You Want to Be, and I will always have an unrequited love of their lead singer Adam Lazzara (sorry N!) Brand New's first three albums are all amazing in their own way, and the second and third are just beautiful. Seriously, if you haven't listened to Deja Entendu and The Devil and God Are Inside Me you need to stop what you are doing right now and listen to them front to back. You will not be sorry.


I loved Something Corporate (top) early in high school and The Academy Is... (bottom) a bit later because SC released their last album in 2003 (hunky lead singer Andrew McMahon started Jack's Mannequin in 2004) and TAI got together 2003. William Beckett challenged my love for Adamn Lazzara for a bit, but that could never fully happen. ;) [Frame of reference: I graduated high school in 2006.]

Runners Up: Blink 182, Dashboard Confessional, The Postal Service, and Jimmy Eat World.

2. 4 go to meals you'd love to learn to cook or can cook really well?

I don't really cook (not yet at least, and when I do it's not well) but the staple meals around here that N cooks are hamburger pie, spaghetti, tacos, and some sort of chicken with cheese dish. Healthy and diverse I know. ;)

3. 4 necessities to your daily life?

My family. The Internet. Anti-nausea medication. Ice, cold water.

4. 4 makeup necessities you must have if you could only have 4 on?

CC cream, black eyeliner, brow filler (I use eyeshadow), and mascara.

5. 4 favorite apps on your phone or iPad?


Instagram- I usually use this on the daily. I love keeping up with people that I don't follow on Facebook (or other places where I can see their pictures), and I also like seeing what certain celebs are up to. Rob Dyrdek cracks me up.

Bubble Worlds- We all have to have one game we're totally obsessed with right? I've found that playing this helps reduce my anxiety. I've beaten every level but am trying to get perfect scores on them now!

Yahoo and G-Mail- Yeah I'm boring, oh well!


My interactive NHL screen gives me fireworks (or confetti if you choose the stadium background) though! Go Avs!

12 comments:

  1. Ahh! Taking back Sunday, I had totally forgotten about them. I need to add them to my playlist. I've gotta talk to my family everyday too. Plus I never leave the house without eyeliner. I hope your having a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBS is my all-time obsession. I may or may not follow Adam and his wife on Instagram, haha. Hope you had a great day as well!

      Delete
  2. Your music picks made me feel so old! And uncool, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha oh my gosh I was so uncool in high school it wasn't even funny!

      Delete
  3. Yay 2006, it was definitely the best year to graduate ;-)

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and your phone backdrop is too awesome! random but just thought that I'd let ya know haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks. Seeing as how I am obsessed with my hockey team it suits me perfectly. ;)

      Delete
  5. I'm a huge Andrew McMahon fan!!! More so the Jack's Mannequin than Something Corporate though....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really got into Jack's Mannequin for some reason, but all the songs I've heard from them I've really liked. I will love Andrew McMahon forever!

      Delete
  6. omg! i love tbs and the academy is! I actually got to meet that whole band ( the academy is) years ago at a show.. it was amazing <3

    dianamechelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only just discovered The Academy Is about a year ago!! Love them! I was a fan of all the other bands in high school, too. And spaghetti, tacos, and hamburgers are among our favorites, too! :)

    ReplyDelete