3.07.2014

50 Questions About Me

http://www.thegrowingupdiaries.com

Stealing this from the gorgeous Jamie at The Growing Up Diaries!

1. How many pets do you own? Well we have Hank our dog, The Duchess our Chilean rose tarantula, and a bunch of GloFish® that are about to die. I hate fish!

2. What’s your least favorite season? Winter for sure. Especially January-April in Colorado. Fall would be up there because it's the end of my favorite season and the beginning of my least favorite season but Halloween and pumpkin spice everything make it a little better.

3. Do you prefer to text or call? No question text! I wish I could text all my doctors. That'd make my life a lot easier. ;)

4. Morning or night? Night! I have been a night person since the day I was born. If I let my sleeping habits regulate themselves I will sleep from 3am to 3pm. That's just what my body naturally reverts to. I definitely wish it wasn't that way, but nothing I've ever tried has changed it.

5. Do you like tacos? I love tacos! :)
 
6. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? A little of both to be honest. I'm so introverted that it's come full circle and I am usually very loud and obnoxious in social settings. I guess you could say that's my defense mechanism for social anxiety.

8. Do you enjoy walks? I would if I had more strength and energy. But one of my favorite things to do is walk with Hank around our local dog park that is 70 acres. It's a very beautiful place.


9. Are you a frequent user of Facebook? I am completely and shamelessly addicted. Every time I see someone I know in real life they always tell me how they know everything that's going on in my life because of Facebook. Like I said, I'm shameless.

10. Do you watch animated shows still? We still watch new episodes of South Park whenever it comes on. I used to watch more adult cartoons when we had a TV in our bedroom and would watch Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. I'm especially partial to King of the Hill, Futurama, and American Dad. I also may or may not have watched My Little Pony by myself before... On multiple occasions... And maybe yesterday...

11. Can you roll your tongue? I can!

12. What’s your “lucky” number? I don't really have one. My favorite number has always been 21 because my favorite multiplication problem when I was younger was 7 x 3 but god knows what that was all about.

13. Are you scared of anything? Lots of things! Driving in the snow, getting in a car crash, snakes, N or R getting hurt or sick, death, moths, the list could go on. What I'm most afraid of is throwing up (even more so than death) but that's a diagnosed phobia.

14. Big mac or big whopper? In my late teenagers years I had a Big Mac every now and then but now the thought of either completely turns my stomach.

15. Do you like to play board games? Not really. The last game I played and enjoyed was a card game- Cards Against Humanity- and that was just plain amazing.

16. Are you fond of romantic novels? I'm not sure I've ever read a true "romance novel" but I enjoy romances in books. Can we talk about Natasha and Prince Andrei in War and Peace?! UGGH. :(

17. Fruitloops or cocopuffs? Fruitloops! I have never liked chocolate in my cereal.

18. Would you eat a live spider for one million dollars? Oh god like what kind of spider? A little one sure, but a tarantula hell no. Not live at least. And it'd have to be cooked. And... uggh...

19. Are you a heavy drinker? I don't drink at all actually. I've never liked the taste and now it's just too painful to do with my GI issues.

20. Would you forgive someone for cheating? Nope!

21. Are you superstitious? Not really. I have a bunch of OCD rituals but that's a different story and something I'm working on diminishing.

22. Have you seen A Clockwork Orange? I feel like I've tried to watch this movie a few times and something always happened and I didn't. I really need to though.

23. Do you like to read? I love it! I was having a really hard time holding books while reading because of hand pain but now that I have my Kindle it's so easy- and environmentally friendly! ;) I love being able to want to read a book and then have it in seconds. I will never be without a Kindle ever again!

24. Are you easily distressed? Hahahahaha me? Noooo. (Blatant sarcasm.)
 
25. Do you believe in aliens? Definitely. I mean, the universe is bigger than human comprehension. Statically there are a countless number of aliens out there. But do I believe any have ever visited Earth? Most likely not.
 
26. If you were the last person alive besides one other person you get to chose, who would it be? 
Oh god this becomes a horrible Sophie's choice when you have a spouse and a kid. If I couldn't be alive with both of them I wouldn't want to be alive at all.

27. Dogs or cats? Both! We always had cats growing up and I thought I was a cat person until I got the itch for a fluffy little dog and N bought me my first dog Steve. Ever since Steve I've loved and wanted both. We don't have cats right now but I wish we did!

Miss these two! :(
  28. Are you a grumpy person? Yeah, pretty much always.

29. What’s something you hate? The Red Wings. ;)

30. Are you a worry wart? Absolutely.

31. Do you like having your picture taken? Noooooooooo. I've hated it ever since I was a child. I went through a vain stage in high school and took a deplorable number of Myspace selfies, but now I rarely take pictures of myself or allow pictures to be taken of me.

32. Do you like cotton candy? I do! And the choice between pink and blue is always agonizing despite the fact that they taste exactly alike. I usually pick blue though.

33. Would you ever use a dating site? Probably if I was single. I love the internet. I used Myspace as a dating website for years in high school. ;)

34. Do you believe in ghosts? I do and don't. The logical part of me says "hell no" and the non-logical side of me wants to die and become a ghost that haunts naughty children.

35. Rap or pop? Pop for sure. I love radio music!

36. What’s the weirdest flavor of ice cream you’ve tried? Huh I can't think of anything weird right now. Green tea?

37. Do you like math? HELL NO. Fun fact: Math was the only class I *almost* didn't get an A in, in college. Despite going to a tutor, studying my ass off, and making the greatest notecard in the world for my final, I FAILED it. Failed with an F! Thankfully my professor gave me an A in the class for working my ass off but it was a close one! Graduating college with a 4.0 was a BIG deal to me!

38. Are you the type of person to laugh at others misfortune? Absolutely. I'm a terrible person.

39. Love or lust? Love, duh.

40. Do you remember lyrics easily? For some reason yes.

41. What was/is your favorite school subject? I really liked writing courses and history classes. I really enjoyed all the classes for my Political Science major.

42 Do you like tattoos? LOVE! I have 4 (and 1 removed) and I want MANY more!

The newest addition.
43. Are you the type of person to lie? If I said no that would be a lie.

44. Do you eat porridge for breakfast? I make oatmeal for R's breakfast almost constantly but I HATE it. Oh god the texture is the worst thing ever. Especially when it goes from hot to warm/ cold. *hork*

45. What music are you listening to right now? Capital Cities- Safe and Sound. I have an iTunes list of all the popular songs from the radio and this is on it.

46. Are you allergic to anything? Certain fruits make the roof of my mouth itch like CRAZY but that's really it.

47. Do you like Lady Gaga? No. I thought some of the songs on her first album were catchy but she just tries way too hard. And working with R. Kelly and Teri Richardson? Yeah no.

48. What about Nick Minaj? No.

49. Do you like rainy days? I like sunny days followed by a major thunderstorm. Can't wait for the rain to come back!

50. Last question, do you like pie? HELL YEAH I LOVE PIE! Funny story, I texted N to bring pie home after hockey last week (from McDonalds) and then I was reading R a MLP story that had a pie in it. Well she demands to call N and leaves him a message saying "I WANT PIE! I WANT PIE!" Completely of her own accord! I think we may be related after all. ;)

6 comments:

  1. This was so fun to read! I agree with you 100% on a lot of these. Winter sucks, for one. I don't drink either. And I believe in aliens!... somewhere in the universe. I feel like we could be friends in real life... creepy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not creepy at all! If you lived closer we would totally be IRL friends!

      Delete
  2. Bahaha I love your answers!! And I feel the exact same way about the texture of oatmeal. It actually makes me really sad because I used to eat it when I was younger & I love the taste, but just thinking about the texture now is making me gag... ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I love the taste of oatmeal bars and cookies but I just cannot get over the texture of the real deal. It's just way too much for me!

      Delete
  3. Fun post :) I love the animal pics.. Hank is too dang cute :)

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hank is such a beautiful dog! Aside from a spot on his leg where the white goes too high he has almost perfect markings and could have been a great show dog except for his eye. I'm glad he's not though because it means he gets to be our dog!

      Delete