3.28.2014

Fancy (Women's) Mystery Box Review

When I saw that Fancy (referral link) was selling mystery boxes for only $10, I knew I had to hop on that right away. I had a Fancy sub for a few months right when they first came out, but I cancelled it over a year ago because as it got more popular, the amount and quality of products in the boxes went down. They send out some really cool stuff from time to time in their various boxes, but the price is just too much to be worth it for me.

But for $17 (of course shipping would almost be as much as the box) I decided to go for the mystery box.

 


 

 
Pretty Cupcake Kit (Value $13.67) - Well this is pretty cute. I can use these for R's birthday party and they will fit the theme decently. I don't have a mini cupcake pan but I'll need to get one because mini cupcakes would be great at the party as well.

 
Solemates High Heeler (Value $25) - Leave it to my luck to get something that I had already gotten in a Fancy Box. Not only have I gotten these before but I have no use for them as I don't wear heels. I think I'll try to figure out the My Subscription Addiction swapping site to see if I can get these off my hands.

Ms. Betty's Original Bad-Ass Candles (Value $18) - Ok I totally love this! The scent is a little on the strong side and smells like a perfume I probably wouldn't wear, but after I burn this I'm going to keep refilling it with wax because it cracks me up. This makes the box for me!

All in all I paid $17 for $56.67 (they only promised a $30 value so that's good) and really like two of the products. If I can swap the high heelers for something else this will be a win. It's not as good as Jen's nail box! but maybe this is the god's way of telling me I have too much nail polish already. ;)

If you want one they're still available at Fancy and they don't require a subscription!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I agree! They come from an Etsy shop and I may need more!

      Delete
    2. I am going to look it up on Etsy - I think these candles would be a great gift!

      Delete
    3. You can find them here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BadAssCandles

      Delete
  2. Ohh, yours is adorable! I have never seen this variation before!!! I love that candle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't seen it either until I got it! I've seen quite a few of the second box you got. I want more people to post their boxes!

      Delete
  3. Love the cupcake set! I also got the version of the mystery box with the decal... I'll use everything but the decal, but it pretty much reconfirmed my decision to unsubscribe from Fancy. I too canceled my subscription after a few months because the value was just not there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I totally agree about the value. It seemed like every few boxes you might get something so awesome and expensive it made up for everything else, but when you really add it up you could just buy those things yourself if you want them. Plus Fancy uses the seriously inflated prices of their website so I had quite a few boxes come in under the promised value.

      Delete
  4. That candle is amazing! haha.

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete