3.21.2014

F#!% It Friday


- Today is my sweet furbaby's first birthday! I can't believe he's already a year old and he's been a part of our family for just short of that. He celebrated by getting into his new bag of (adult!) food and chewing up R's ballet slippers. Bernese Mountain Dogs are slow to mature and that's certainly the case with him. But I wouldn't trade that big, lazy, oaf for any other dog in the world! Happy birthday Hank!

Drag the image to your URL bar to enlarge!
- Did you know it's possible to build up a tolerance to nausea medication? Well I didn't until this week. And that has been SO MUCH FUN, let me tell you! There's a couple other medications in the same family as Zofran (what I currently take and what's not really working anymore) so I hope I can give one a try and have some more success with it. :/

- R's dance studio is having a big recital in June and her "Twinkle Babies" class is going to be in it. They just released special shirts for the recital that have all the dancer's names on the back. I bought one for R today and even though it's a little big it looks so cute on her! One of her teachers got a really cute picture:
Her "cheese" face is so goofy!
- I really need to get R's birthday invites printed and all the stuff ordered. Moving up her party has really thrown me through a loop!

- The Avs have a big game against the Bruins tonight (after a disappointing Canadian road trip the Blackhawks leapfrogged them in the standings again) AND SO HELP ME GOD IF THEY LOSE... ;)

- As much as I wanted to dive into another Classic after War and Peace and had a moment of weakness and downloaded a bunch of YA Lit. I just read a book called Before I Die which was kind of a downer but not terrible and I want to read the Divergent series. I've been putting it off because I've felt so "meh" about it but I think it's time to take the plunge.

'Till next time!

4 comments:

  1. 1. Happy birthday Hank! Holy crap he's gigantic!
    2. Boo for the meds not working! Hopefully you get that fixed up!
    And 3. I've read Before I Die. I thought it was pretty good. And I'm dying to get my hands on the Divergent series! I really have a thing for YA novels. I don't think I'll ever outgrow that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he huge?! I can't get over it! And I started Divergent last night (my sister and I share a Kindle account and she had already downloaded it!) and it's ok so far. It's no Hunger Games but I think it will be pretty interesting! I am a huge YA Lit fan, it's ridiculous but I have no shame. ;)

      Delete
  2. Hahaha! Hank finally won the "I won't be picked up" battle.

    R is too dang cute in her dance shirt! Sorry about the hockey.. I'm sure that they will redeem themselves tonight.. or they better! ;-)

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha he sure did! I could barely even lift him up like that. I am the weakest person ever but he is also just ginormous! And the stupid Avs lost! ARGH! They outplayed the Bruins big time but just couldn't get past their goalie. I was cursing mighty heavily at the TV!

      Delete