3.19.2014

So What Wednesdays

Today I'm linking up with Life After I "Dew" and saying so what if...

- ...I'm late to this link-up. I was so good at hoping on this one early but now that R has dance on Wednesdays instead of Tuesdays I keep missing it. ETA: The link-up doesn't seem to have been posted for this week but that's ok. I love the format for organizing my thoughts/ some things I want to share!

- ...Dance Moms totally lied to me last night. Chloe, Maddie, and Mackenize (the latter two are sisters) all did solos and during awards they showed Chloe win 3rd, Mackenize win 2nd, and Maddie win 1st (as usual.) Well those were just the overall awards and Chloe won 1st place in the teen category! She is my favorite and I am way too invested in those children that I never have, and never will, meet. ;)

- ...I cannot stop laughing about this (WARNING: video NSFW for about a half a second.) I feel like all sorts of funny stuff happens on the news in Denver. I just give props to everyone for not totally losing it. I don't think I'd have been able to stop laughing.


- ...The Avs lost to the Canadiens last night (uggh) and now we're tied with Chicago in the standings. No offense to Chicago (they're the team I always root for when the Avs inevitably don't make the playoffs) but I want that number 2 spot. Not because I care about "home ice advantage" but because I want to finish the season higher in the standings than the reigning Stanley Cup champs. How cool would that be for the team who finished second to last, last year? WHY NOT US BABY!

- ...If I'm not a fan of the San Jose Sharks, I think this is awesome!

- (Not really a "so what" but...) Someone just "recommended" (it's the Jezebel version of liking) my post-partum depression story (you can read it on the blog here) and I looked at the views- almost 30,000! I can't believe my story was able to get out to so many people! I've been meaning to write a sort of follow up about parenting and mental health but I was in too difficult of a place for awhile. I may start working on it soon.

6 comments:

  1. omg, that news clip made my stomach hurt from laughing so hard. It was just so priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha right?! I laughed for at least 10 minutes and now laugh every time I think about it. I'm follow the channel's Facebook page and they issued an apology and almost nobody was actually mad because it was so funny!

      Delete
  2. Hahahahahah the video is priceless!! 30,000 views?? That is amazing :-) I can't wait to read your follow up piece either (when you're ready to write it of course!).

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the most hilarious thing ever? I still can't get over it. And thank you! It's going to be a tough one to write and I need to get my thoughts together but it should hopefully be interesting!

      Delete
  3. I can't get the funny video to work. Boo. But YAY for your story getting so much coverage!! You are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does the video work on this website: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/18/fox-affiliate-airs-penis-pic-video_n_4987124.html ? It's SO funny! The reactions are the best part though, hahaha!

      Delete