11.03.2013

My Favorite Pintrest Recipes - Picky Eater Approved!

N is hands down the pickiest eater I have EVER met. He's so picky he hasn't eaten fresh fruit since he was a child, and vegetables? Ha! He is also very particular about seasonings, and isn't fond of much. Therefore cooking for him is practically impossible. We have about 5 go-to meals (hamburger pie, spaghetti, tacos, pork chops, and grilled chicken) that we eat all the time, and there's little variation. I'm not the best eater out there but I definitely get sick of the monotony. It doesn't help that my mom was never big on cooking, and I despise it.

Pintrest has been hugely helpful to me finding recipes that 1) are easy enough for a kitchen novice like me to make and 2) have a list of ingredients N will (hopefully) consume. Here are some of our favorites:

Crack Potatoes

http://www.plainchicken.com/2011/01/crack-potatoes.html

The name says it all- these potatoes are as addictive as crack! It consists of frozen hash browns, bacon bits, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and ranch dressing mix. N has even taken to making this himself. We bring it to all the family functions and there's never a bite left when it's time to take the dish home! I could eat these every single day of my life.


Crispy Cheddar Chicken
 
http://jamiecooksitup.net/2011/10/crispy-cheddar-chicken/


I couldn't eat one more plain piece of grilled chicken before I found this recipe, and it has been our go-to chicken recipe ever since. The chicken is delicious but what makes it the best is the sauce! I'm not a big sauce fan (I hate gravy!) but this is delicious. It's just a can of cream of chicken soup (a component of most of the things made over here, haha), sour cream, and butter! So good! (We of course skip the parsley on ours.)

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

http://www.traceysculinaryadventures.com/2010/04/slow-cooker-pulled-pork.html#.UndK0RCzISk

Pulled pork is my favorite BBQ meat and this recipe is over the moon delicious. What you do is make a spice rub, coat the meat with it, saran wrap the meat, leave in in the fridge overnight, and then stick it in the crock pot in the morning! I was anxious about trying this recipe at first because it calls for a bunch of spices (luckily they're all probably ones you already have) and N is not a fan of spices or seasonings. But the way these cook into the meat just give it a great BBQ flavor. For Christmas last year I packaged this spice rub and gave it to all the family members in small jars and it was a huge hit! Finding this recipe has been a gift that keeps on giving. ;)

Doritos Taco Bake

http://twomaidsamilking.com/2011/04/hunk-of-meat-monday-taco-bake/

Ok, there are probably healthier recipes out there, but that's not as big of a deal as it should be in my house. I just want N to eat (something that isn't fast food) period! Maybe use oven baked organic chips? ;) All I know is that this is delicious and a great spin on tacos. I like to slather my servings with lots of sour cream (which absolutely horrifies N) but man is it good!

Spaghetti Casserole

 
From Plain Chicken

I am including this even though N doesn't love it because I do! Seriously spaghetti and cream cheese are a match made in heaven! The size of my thighs does not agree but my mouth says I'M NOT LISTENING I'M NOT LISTENING! I don't make this as often as I like because N prefers plain spaghetti, but man it is SO good. In fact, this is going on the menu for this week whether N likes it or not!

Pizza Casserole

http://www.pleasenotepaper.com/2011/10/easy-pizza-casserole.html

How I lived the first 24 years of my life without pizza casserole I don't know, but I am going to say it's because my poor mother was deprived on Pintrest. Well, that and my dad doesn't like casseroles of any kind (I love them!) This is a super simple recipe to make and will please even the pickiest of eaters- especially if they are children. It's basically pizza, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment