11.18.2013

Our Life: Raking Leaves


The MASSIVE cottonwood tree in our backyard finally dropped most of it's leaves. That means we have a few precious sunny days until the inevitable first snowstorm hits and turns the entire backyard into a dead, soggy leaf wasteland if we don't rake it all up. Since it's a nice sunny day out N has been raking leaves with his two companions in the backyard. I've been doing things around the house but had to snap some pics of our cuties playing around!




Here is the culprit of the leaf madness! I took this backed up against the house and still couldn't get the whole tree in the picture!















4 comments:

  1. Raking leaves with my sister and my mom are some of my very favorite memories! We had this huge maple tree in our back yard growing up and it would drop leaves like crazy. Love all the pics!

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both houses I lived in growing up were build new in brand new neighborhoods that only had freshly planted baby trees, so we never really raked leaves! Even though it's a total pain in the buns I love having this big tree to create some great memories for my daughter! It probably dropped enough leaves to fill a swimming pool, haha!

      Delete
  2. That is a heck of a tree! Loove the pics of your babies- way too cute :)

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, that tree is SO massive, oh my goodness! We actually had it trimmed last year (for a whopping $400!!) so there's way less dead branches now. It looked CRAZY when we first moved in!

      Delete