11.14.2013

Subscriptions: Ipsy November 2013

 

 

Because I still have no idea where my mail key is, I was excited to see this on my porch today. I know my Birchbox is still being held hostage in there, but I already looked at my spoilers last week so I'm not as bummed out. I do have an important prescription coming in the mail though so I need to find that key, stat.


 

Lots of good loot this month!

 

Nailtini Nail Polish in Caviar Cocktail: Ipsy sent me a nude Nailtini polish awhile back and I thought the quality was excellent (especially considering the Station polish they sent me after that.) I love metallics so this is definitely going to be used soon.

HSI Professional Argon Oil: My hair has been really dry lately and the new conditioner I bought is not helping. I'm not going to waste the conditioner by throwing it out but I'm going to need product to make sure my hair isn't a rats nest. This will work perfectly.

 

Starlooks Gem Pencil in Amethyst: My beauty subs have sent me loads and loads of black eyeliners, but I haven't gotten any color eyeliners. I was anticipating this being a silver color based on the packaging, but the endcap and name (duh) is Amethyst and it's a gorgeous purple metallic color. I can't wait to wear this as eyeliner.

Be A Bombshell Lip Crayon in Shameless: I'm always a little worried by dark lip crayons so we'll see how this looks on my lips. On my hand is was a nice berry color, and I really like the consistency and idea of lip crayons. I usually give away most of the lip products I receive but I always keep the crayons!

Em By Michelle Phan Lipstick in Cupcake Pink: The controversial founder of Ipsy is Michelle Phan and she's just launched her own makeup collection. I was hoping we'd get some of her products in our bags and I was not disappointed. Once again I was a little worried to see another lip product (especially a lipstick) but this is the most gorgeous light pink color, and I know it's definitely something I'll wear.

Pixi Beauty Bronzer in Subtly Sunkissed:

 

Swatches of the Starlooks, Be A Bombshell, Em, and Pixi products. (Isn't that purple pencil gorgeous?!)

Ipsy is only $10 a month and is my favorite beauty subscription. You can sign up here using my referral link!


2 comments:

  1. I just signed up for Ipsy and I am so excited to get my first bag. I LOVE the lip crayon and nail color. How is the founder controversial? I guess I could look it up myself, but I'm being lazy and want to hear from you since you already have some experience with the company!

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this website has some of the details (http://michellephail.tumblr.com/) I read up on it last year before subscribing to Ipsy and a lot of people don't like her but I follow her instagram and she's an amazing makeup artist! Some of her transformations are incredible. And Ipsy is my favorite beauty sub by far. They give out the BEST products!

      Delete