9.17.2013

Subscriptions: Birchbox 2013

First post note: I have a serious subscription box addition. Finances are really the only thing stopping me from subscribing to ALL THE BOXES. I absolutely love seeing subscription box posts on other blogs, so I figured it was only natural to put them on mine as well. I really try to use the products I receive as quickly as possible so I'll also try to include reviews as well. I pay for all the boxes myself (well uh, N does but about that...) and all the opinions are my own. Links will likely contain my referral link! So without further ado... 

 I hate spoilers so all main pictures will be blurred. :)

My last few Birchboxes have been mostly misses but it's not a sub I've ever considered cancelling because of the price, and because of some of the rare gems I've found. The SuperGoop! CC cream I received a sample of earlier this year has become my number one favorite face product! This month however was mostly a hit!

From left to right: Mereadesso All-in-One Moistureizer, Beauty Protector Protect & Condition, Beauty Protector Protect & Shampoo, Ruffian Nail Laquer in Hedge Fund, GlamNautral Cream Blush (beauty extra).

A lot of the people I've seen review the Mereadesso moisturize have said they really like it but are turned off by the full price. I actually didn't love it. It smells like an expensive spa which is nice, but I found it to be runny and it went on a little sticky. I didn't really like the way it felt on my face. If I'm going to splurge on a moisturize I'm going to go with Clinique Moisture Surge!

I haven't used the Beauty Protector shampoo and conditioner yet but I will during my next shower so that I can review it. They both smell amazing and I'm really excited to have the conditioner. My hair EATS conditioner like crazy so I always appreciate samples. I have a hard time using any shampoo that isn't Lush's Jumping Juniper so we'll see how this goes. (I will definitely be reviewing my favorite Lush products one day!)

The Ruffian nail polish excited me because I love nail polish but I was NOT excited about the color. Green is my least favorite color to put on my nails and this is the third green nail polish Birchbox has sent me! But I tried it out on a few of my nails and it's a really interesting mossy color with microglitter. It actually is a nice color for fall, and would be a great color to go with a swamp monster Halloween costume. ;) If anything it's unique and despite having a zillion nail polishes I don't have anything like it!

I also haven't used the cream blush samples yet but I definitely will (I try and review all my BB items for points so I will come back here and update this once I've used them.) I received a NYX cream blush in an Ipsy bag a few months ago and it's become my new favorite blush. I'm sure I'll love these as well.

All in all this was a good box and as always, I'm always excited for next month. If you're interested in signing up for Birchbox it's $10 a month and you always receive well over that in product samples. Here is my referral link! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment