Trying my very first link-up today with one of my favorite bloggers, Jen at Ramblings of a Suburban Mom!
- You know when you get really hungry and you put so much food on your plate that looking at it makes you lose your appetite? Yeah, that's sort of what happened to me with crafting. I went crazy on crafting supplies and now I'm feeling very "meh" about finishing everything. That's actually the same way I feel about cleaning my house. ;)
I am really looking forward to an entire season of this!
- N and I went to the first Avalanche preseason game yesterday while his mom watched R. They lost but it was good to get out of the house just the two of us, and can I say how excited I am for hockey season to start? I really hope coach Roy (LOVE HEARING THAT) will whip the boys into shape.
- I tried making cake pops today with the mold and chocolate melter that I got from Zulily a couple weeks ago. All was good until it came time to *dip* the cake in the chocolate. I had used chocolate chips and the chocolate was way too thick for dipping so it had to be crudely spooned on. Then when I tried to heat the chocolate in the microwave I ended up overheating it and ended up with a rock of molten chocolate (and not in a delicious way.) They are ugly as sin but taste good so I suppose it was a success.
- I finished Ellen Hopkins' new book Smoke the other day and I just wasn't that into it. She's my favorite guilty pleasure author (sorry not sorry for loving YA Lit) so I was a little disappointed- especially since the first book in this series (Burned) was so interesting. The twist ending caught me by surprise, but it wasn't as shocking or interesting as a lot of her other books.
- Have you read this article yet? Because if not you need to.