9.17.2013

Subscriptions: Ipsy September 2013


Ipsy is definitely one of my favorite subscriptions! Although it's by sheer luck, I feel like I more often than not get the samples that are the best fit for me, and they send out full size and deluxe size samples way more often that Birchbox for the same price! I recomment Ipsy to everyone! (Here is my referral link in case you're interested!)

From left to right: Starlooks Eye Kohl Pencil in Obsidian, Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara, Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in Big Apple, Butter of London Nail Lacquer Vernis in LA Moss, and NYX Eyes Shadow in Cryptonite.

I try and avoid spoilers for all my boxes but especially Ipsy because they don't have as many variations. But when I opened the mailer and looked at the card listing the brands that this month might include I hoped to all hopes that I'd be getting something from Butter of London- and I was SO excited to see that I did!

I haven't tried either the eyeliner or mascara yet because I already have a black eyeliner pencil and mascara open. But I use both on a daily basis so I'm am really glad to have spares. I've heard good things about the Starlooks brand and while the Elizabeth Mott brand is new to me, I wouldn't say no to any mascara!

The Cailyn "tinted lip balm" name is super misleading. When I think of tinted I think of a subtle color and when I think of lip balm I think of something moisturizing. This is neither. It is essentially a pot of bright ass red lipstick that you apply with a little brush on the top of the bottle. I put this on in the car when N and I were going out to dinner last night, and I almost had a heart attack at my bright red lips. I usually leave my foundation on over my lips and never use any lip product so this was a huge change! But the good news is that it actually kind of looked amazing. I've been wanting to experiment with lipstick and especially red lipstick for a long time now and this is perfect!

I own a few other Butter London polishes and I really like them, but I don't usually buy them because of the price. And because I subscribe to Julep I really should never ever buy nail polish ever. But I LOVE polish samples (and this mini bottle is too cute!) and I love getting colors that I don't have. The color of this is a really intense oxblood. It literally looks like blood when you're putting it on. It's also quite running, and even after two thick coats it's not completely opaque. However I think that's how it's supposed to be, and it's very goth-chic. I plan on going to the Denver Zombie Crawl with R again this year, and we will both be getting manis in the color before going!

Ipsy is $10 a month and full size products and delux sized samples you also get a super cute makeup pouch every month. Here is my referral link again in case you want to check it out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment