10.08.2013

Holiday Decorating: Halloween Mantle

 



I used to have a really nice banner that I got at Target last year hanging on the mantle, but Hank decided it made a much better snack than decoration. :/ So I ended up making my own. I don't like it as much, but it only cost me a few sheets of scrapbooking paper from Michaels (I had the red construction paper and ribbon already) so I can't complain too much. The ripped cloth on the mantle and picture frame was a $.99 find at Goodwill!




 I didn't want to put my apothecary jars away so I decided to spook them up a little using glitter spiders (Cost Plus World Market) and a butterfly (Michaels.) I think I also might cover them in cobwebs. Hrm. See, this is why I keep putting off taking pictures, I have so many more ideas!

I got that skull lantern from my mom- I'm not sure where she got it, but it's probably my favorite Halloween decoration. I love the vintage look! The cat votive I found at Goodwill a few weeks ago. It's from Hallmark and originally came in a set of three with two other designs. I found them on eBay but haven't decided whether I want to order the rest of the set.

I got this candle holder at Yankee Candle last year. The votives were originally tinted orange, but I ran them through the dishwasher and opps, all the tint came off! I was going to try and give them a mercury glass look with Krylon Looking Glass paint, but that attempt was a complete disaster. Hopefully I can contact Krylon and see how I can make it work. The taper candles are from my mom, and the skull hands are from Michaels.


On the other side of the mantel I have my Goodwill and Target owls, and this tree votive holder that I also got from my mom. She's not really into decorating so she offloaded a bunch of her decorations on me a few years ago when I got my own place.


Here are my treasured Zulily purchases! I'd like to find some sort of black vase filler for the hurricane jars so I can elevate the pumpkin and moon figures, but I haven't found anything good yet. However I am in LOVE with these cute, vintage inspired decorations and I hope I can get even more next year (just don't tell N how much they cost.)

Tune in tomorrow for more of my Halloween decorations!


No comments:

Post a Comment