10.07.2013

Swaggable Review: Sheila G's Brownie Brittle


Do you like free stuff? If the answer is no, stop lying. I love free stuff, and when I saw one of my favorite bloggers posting about the site Swaggable, I knew I had to check it out. Essentially Swaggable will send you free goodies, you just have to promise to review them- similar to Influenster. So of course I had to sign up right away.

Today I got my first sample from Swaggable- a full size bag of Sheila G's Brownie Brittle!


 

 
  

The back of the packaging says this:
"Like many brownie affectionados, Sheila is particularly fond of the crispy edges. In fact, on many an afternoon she would walk through the bakery gathering the brittle batter off the sides of the sheet pans as the brownies cooled in their racks. That started her wondering: How could she create a whole pan of crunchy edges?"

No joke, last week N made a batch of brownies. When I went to clean out the pan, I noticed that he had cut the brownies out, leaving behind the crust! "WHAT BLASPHEMY IS THIS?" I shouted (in my mind.) N said he didn't like the crunchy edges of the brownies so he cut around them. How we have been together for seven years and he doesn't know I like brownie edges (especially the corners!) I will never know. We had a heated debate on the best part of brownies, and are firmly on different sides of the debate.

Fast forward to this week when these came in the mail. After impaitently snapping some pictures I dug right into the bag without reading the back, or looking at the information card. As soon as I took my first bite it hit me- these taste EXACTLY like crispy brownie edges. And to make them better? There are chocolate chips imbedded in them! I grudgingly let N and R taste some, and to my surprise N loved them! And to my total not-surprise, so did R! N is a cookie FANATIC so these definitely appealed to him, and now I can't get him to stop reaching into my bag! STEP AWAY FROM THE BROWNIE BRITTLE AND EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OK.

The information card shows that these also come in toffee crunch, salted caramel, and mint chocolate chip flavors. Good lord sign me up. These are absolutely delicious and uh, you should probably buy them! (Ending eloquently, amirite?!)



This sample was provided to me free of charge by Swaggable. All opinions are my own, and don't worry, if I don't like something you will definitely be hearing about it. Link may contain referrals.

No comments:

Post a Comment