10.27.2013

Sunday Social

1. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?


When I was really young I wanted to be Batman for Halloween. Not Batgirl, BatMAN. The next year my mom bought me a gorgeous Tinker Bell costume, and I grudgingly put it on but when she tried to put my hair in a bun it was meltdown city. I decided to be BatMAN for two years in a row.

2. If you could go back to your childhood and dress up as something, what would it be?

I have no idea but I know it'd be something home made. I was always so jealous of the kids whose moms sewed them cool, one-of-a-kind costumes. I have inherited my mom's lack of sewing abilities (I really should just take a class), but I'm hoping I can make R some cool costumes one day. Or you know, there's always Etsy! ;)

3. What was your favorite Halloween costume as an adult?

I've only done Halloween in costume once as an adult, and it was my freshman year of college when I was 18 and able to wear the sexy outfits. I haven't wore a costume since, but this year I sucked up my self confidence issues and bought this...


It looks sexy in the picture but trust me, it is MUCH more conservative on my 5'4" frame. The skirt goes to my knees. I'm also going to put a patch behind the cleavage slit, haha. This year R is going as Buzz Lightyear (she picked the costume out herself!) and we bought N a Woody shirt. I had originally wanted Hank to be Woody but the costume only went up to a Large and he needs at least a 3x. I still have to find something for him!

4. What is your favorite Halloween candy?


Finding Dots was always my Halloween jackpot! And since nobody else in my family liked them I got them all! It's safe to say if R gets any this year I will have to *inspect* them for her.


5. What is your favorite Halloween memory?

I want to say it was my freshman year of high school (so still young enough to dress up and go trick-or-treating) there was a big snow storm right before Halloween and my friend and I decided to brave the cold and go to all the new houses in my under construction development. Most of the people said we were the only trick-or-treaters they had gotten all night and gave us ALL their candy! We cleaned up big time.

6. What is your favorite scary movie?

This is a tough one because I sort of hate scary movies. I just don't like being scared, especially if it's something paranormal. Gore doesn't scare me, but it grosses me out to no end. How people watch the Saw movies is completely beyond me. I saw The Ring in theaters when it first came out (and I was in middle school) and I STILL have nightmares about it to this day. I do like a good zombie flick though and I have to say the remake of Dawn of the Dead takes the cake.


3 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome that you were Batman! My daughter, on the other hand, was thrilled to be Tinkerbell. Every now and then we hit Spiderman kicks and I get hopeful for variety - but so far we have stayed on girlie theme for costumes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of you as Batman is adorable! :) And it's awesome that you braved the cold for candy. It's definitely something I would do too for sure!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, you and your daughter are identical!

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete